Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blind Marching Band

I think the marching band is really inspiring. I'm in show choir and even with sight I can't stay in line and get my choreography down. I think they learned to play by feeling the instruments and memorizing where their fingers go. In a way, it's no different than how I learn. I don't stare at the fret board when playing guitar, I just know how to form the chords by memory. I imagine they learn the music largely by ear. They probably have help from their assistants to read them the notes, and it's possible they have braille sheet music, which would be really cool.

I commented on Robbie's blog.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought that they might have music sheets that is in braille. It would be interesting to see a braille sheet of a basic song like row row your boat or something basic.

    ReplyDelete