Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

I think Karl's father did those things to him because he wanted what he believed was best for his son. I don't think he saw a future for him if he was so tiny. I think he sold him because he became frustrated that his attempts to make him taller didn't work. If I was his father, I would have encouraged him to do whatever made him happy and assure him that being a dwarf doesn't make you less of a person, though I understand that times were different then. If I was Karl, I don't think I could forgive my father, and I don't think I could have gone on to become an actor and do great things. I probably would've given up.
I commented on Austin's blog.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the fact that the dad thought that it was best for him, but I have a feeling that he was also ashamed of Karl.

    ReplyDelete