Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pop Goes The Weasel

So, all last week we got to make our own mini game. It was a really interesting project. It also proved to be kind of difficult, because Flash code is a LOT harder to memorize than HTML. I think in the end the result is also a lot more rewarding though. The best part was really just watching what you created from simple words and commands turn into an actual interactive game. I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, so drawing has been quite an interesting task. I really like how the drawing tools are set up, but I'm still not great at using them. I'm hoping there will be some tablets available to use. My mini game was basically Pop Goes The Weasel. The weasel is trying to get the penny, while the monkey is chasing him. Meanwhile, the Jack In The Box is moseying along trying to stop the weasel, too. Every time the monkey or Jack hits the weasel, the score goes down by one, and every time the weasel gets the penny, the score goes up by one. I think it was a pretty good start, but I'm hoping to get a lot better. That's all for now.

I commented on Austin's blog.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more, and your game turned out pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete